Open Call Presentations Abroad
For distinctive presentations abroad by forward-thinking designers, architects and makers or foreign presentation institutions, exhibition venues and museums.
With this annual open call, the Fund wants to strengthen the international position of the Dutch design field by increasing its visibility. Presentations on international stages play an important part in achieving this. Presentations can include, among other things: exhibitions or retrospective exhibitions, group exhibitions, manifestations, performances or presentations. The presentations must have a distinctive, provocative or ambitious approach and bring a new perspective to the field of design. The goal is to show the qualities and significance of today’s architecture, design and digital culture to an international audience.
Please note: this open call does not replace the previous Voucherprocedure Presentations Abroad. In this current open call, the Fund focuses on impactful projects in terms of visibility and reach. The Fund expects that it will be able to support around eight presentations within this open call.
This open call is open to:
- Professional designers, architects, makers and design agencies with long-standing practices in the Netherlands from all disciplines in the creative industry, as referred to in the Open Call Grant Scheme;
- International presentation institutions, exhibition spaces or museums, as referred to in Open Call Grant Scheme.
- The project relates to one or more presentations abroad;
- There is a recent, well-motivated invitation in which the relevance and objective of the presentation, including the team involved and co-financing, is set out;
- Presentations must relate to one of the 23 focus countries listed in the International Cultural Policy Framework 2021-2024: Belgium, Germany, France, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Spain, the United Kingdom, Russia, Turkey, Egypt and Morocco, Australia, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Sri Lanka, Suriname, the United States, South Africa and South Korea;
- The contribution is intended for travelling, accommodation, transport, preparation and presentation expenses and fees.
In addition to the conditions stated above, the board reviews applications for travel safety and sustainability.
In addition to Article 5 of the Open Call Grant Scheme, no application can be made within this procedure for:
- participation in international events for which the Creative Industries Fund NL has a separate procedure;
- strategic trade missions aimed at establishing networks;
- projects that focus on studying/expanding the market;
- educational activities;
- presentations at trade fairs aimed at achieving sales.
In order to prepare the application, it is important to acquire the right information based on the following documents:
Open Call Presentations Abroad
Applications are assessed on the basis of the Open Call Presentations Abroad, which describes the reason and objective, central questions, criteria and procedure.
Grant Application Guidelines
The Grant Application Guidelines provide guidance and tips on preparing a grant application. You can use it to draw up your application as completely as possible.
Open Call Grant Scheme
Applications are assessed on the basis of the Open Call Grant Scheme, which describes the general conditions, grounds for rejection, manner of publication, submission procedure, assessment, the award and any grant obligations. . For this open call, Article 4(1)(e) of the Fund’s Open Call Grant Scheme does not apply.
Applications are assessed on the basis of the Open Call Presentations Abroad and the Open Call Grant Scheme.
- artistic value;
- the designers’s plan and motivation;
- the foreign presentation space’s motivation;
- the relevance of the presentation and the presentation space to the Dutch creative industry.
When you have submitted your application, the Fund Desk will check if your application complies with the formal requirements of the Open Call Grant Scheme.
An independent advisory committee will assess your application on the basis of the Open Call Grant Scheme and Open Call Presentations Abroad. The committee advises the Fund’s Board.
The assessment of the open call takes the form of a tender: this means that within the available budget, a number of proposals are chosen above the others. Only positively assessed applications will be supported.
The Board takes account of the committee’s advice in its decision on the rejection or provision of the grant. You will be notified about the result in a decision.
If you receive a grant from the Fund, then you will have to comply with the obligations. Two weeks before the conclusion of your project, you will be asked by email to submit your accountability form in the application environment.
Steps to take
Do you want to apply for a subsidy under this open call?Start your application